Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Claire





Three years ago Claire Bailey was brought into this world under pretty scary circumstances. For a girl born with just a heart beat Claire has proven to be quite a handful. I guess when you comes into this world in such a dramatic way, you have to work quite hard to keep up with yourself. So in keeping with the drama queen herself we celebrated Claire's Birthday with a princess party.
Claire has quite a list of things that she loves: Princess, Fairies, Barbie's, purple, pink, hearts,flowers,doll houses, stars, and anything that glitters. So keeping that all in mind we planned a party for her. The guest list was random. Joyce of course, her favorite friends Jessica 12, Rachel 10, and Sara 9, Kaden, Sydney, Ben, Joey, and Jane. A random sampling of people ranging from all ages, and both genders. (do boys even like princess?) We made crowns, necklaces for the girls and chains for the boys. For the girls we made wands, for the boys we made wavers. Every one got a ring and afterwards they got to have a royal photo taken. We served crown cake, played a few games, and then the queen opened her present. The highlight of the party was when the postman delivered Grandma and Grandpa's present right as we were opening all of the rest of the gifts (talk about timing). Looking back I think that we have survived the terrible two's and have a great year of learning and discovery ahead of us. I love to watch Claire's mind work. How she puts thought and concepts together. I love that she is just like me, and I hate it too. This morning while we were getting ready for the Doctor's I was buttoning her coat and she said "Mom I need money. I can't leave the house with out money to buy stuff." The thought 'She is just like me!' briefly past through my mind. I love every bit of her and her personality.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Happy Birthday Claire!! I am sorry we missed it. It looked like you had a ball. It is crazy how grown up they can be isn't it. We love and miss you guys.

anais odessa said...

I love the cake!! So cute.