Lance started 1st grade today (Aug 24th) after waiting all summer. His words before leaving the house were: "Who wants to give me a hug before I leave for the 1st grade." Both Claire and Reese were more than willing. He was out the door and waiting in the car before I had a chance to give him a hug. He was so excited to get to school it was all I could do to make him wait until 8:25 am.
Once at school he insisted that he needed no help finding his class and would not let me walk with him to his class room (I hadn't gotten ready for the day and was still in my work out clothes so I really don't blame him).
I assume he made it to class alright because he was there with all of his classmates when we arrived to pick him up. We are going to try and walk home from school this year as long as weather permits. We will see how that goes.
Once we arrived home after dropping Lance off Claire declared that it was time for "Preschool". I cold not even put her off long enough to shower. So scrambling to find something to do "Preschool" with we printed off some letter pages, made letter A's out of applejack's, and hearts out of paper squares.
I love the way Reese always sits on her toes like that. You should see her calf muscles. At 2 they look like she has been wearing high-heels her whole life.
In desperate need of a shower I gave the girls string and more applejack's so they could make necklaces. This kept them busy for a while. Of course once they were done the quickly ate them up, along with their apple and peanut butter snack.Last of all they got too spend a few minutes on the computer. PBSkids.org is a great website for kids. Before we knew it it was time for lunch and then we set off to get Lance from school. Best thing about today. There as been all most no fighting. I am however very exhausted.

1 comment:
You are a great mom!! Fun times :-)
Post a Comment