She wanted me to take a picture of her on her last day of being 2. She was wondering if she would look any different when she turned 3.
Does she look any different? This was breakfast at the table because she wouldn't stay in bed long enough for us to bring it to her. She really wanted to see her cake.
All through lunch she kept coming back to sit on Ronald's lap. I wonder if she thought he was real. Silent and still but somehow real.

I love her face here. She was so excited about this gift. I am afraid I am going to have to stuff some cotton in my ears really soon.


Three years ago today Reese joined us in our journey through life. One thing that she brought with her was plenty of excitement. She is a bright girl, nothing gets by her. Last night she asked me to take a picture of her so she could see if she would look any different when she turned three. SHE IS THREE, what three year old thinks like that. This morning when she woke up she demanded to see her cake. When she saw her balloons she insisted that I decorate the rest of the house. While driving to McDonald's for a birthday lunch she was singing "Happy Birthday to Me." All day long she kept asking for her presents. When Dad got home and we finally had a chance to open them her reaction to her movie was: "We have this one." Meaning she has seen it. When she opened her Rosetta doll from Lance she said: "This is for you Claire." I guess she thinks all baby dolls are hers and all "Barbie" type dolls are Claire's. However when she opened her keyboard the world stopped and it was "MINE!!!" When dad rolled in her scooter that too was "MINE!!" Somehow she no longer had enough time or hands to play with all of her new toys. It took about an hour before she was willing to let anyone touch any of her gifts. Alicia came to the rescue when she brought over a gift of matching outfits for the girls and a book for Lance. Some how she knew that a three year old Reese would not be willing to share. The best part came when she choreographed the cake part of her birthday. It went just like this. "Dad put fire on the cake." "Now everyone sing Happy Birthday." "Now I blow and make a wish." It was a great day. One I hope that she remembers all year long.


1 comment:
I didn't think it was possible that you had posted this yet. I check just in case. Thanks. Wish we could have been there. She looks adorable and so happy. And you have great neighbors.
Post a Comment