On Saturday May 30th (a day that Zack has been looking forward to all year) we packed up the coolers and the kids and headed off to The Larry H Miller Raceway in Tooele for a day at the track. Every year Zack has taken the kids, but this year I was forced along. I usually reserve these things so Zack can have bonding time with the kids, and I can have a break, but this year Zack insisted on me coming along. Much to my surprise it was a fun day. It was not too hot, a little loud, and really crowded but we all enjoyed ourselves. We finished the day out by watching the last race from the car because of some rain and wind, but at least we were warm and dry,
Classic race pose. If I had a dollar for every picture I had like this, well I would have at least 20 dollars.
First wreck of the day. It is always a good wreck when they can get up and walk away. We saw one wreck were the guy got up got back on his bike and rode off just like nothing had happened.
Lance and Claire posing in front of a Alfa Romeo "Mito". We had to take this picture considering Zack's love of Alfa's and because they gave us our tickets.
The first thing the kids noticed the moment that we got to the track was the cotton candy. They didn't stop asking for it until we finally gave in a got a bag. Who can put a price tag on silence. Well for $5.00 you can get 30 min of quite time, a blue face, and really sticky hands.
We saw a crowd gathering around someone, with curiosity I walked around and stuck my camera in the air and snapped this picture. Come to find out, this was Rebuen Xaus who rides for BMW.
This is the BMW stunt driver that was preforming at the race track that day. He was really quite amazing to watch. What a great day. Until next year. ( I am quite sure we will have to go again)


2 comments:
Oh my goodness! My kids and husband would have been in heaven!!! That looks like a lot of fun! We used to go to the races etc when we lived in Washington. Something we gave up when we moved here. So we will just live vicariously through your blogging videos. LOL!!!!
oooo fun!
Post a Comment