Monday, August 31, 2009

1st Day of School 08/31/2009

Lance, so excited for school that he is literally running to the car.
He started off the day eating "Cinnamon Toast Crunch" cereal and a piece of cinnamon toast with his Dad (something special cause his dad is usually gone before breakfast).
Lance striking a pose in front of the school doors. Claire was so excited for him to start school today too.
Lance with his teacher Miss Knutzen.
(She and I use to work together at ZCMI way back when I first got married)
Lance with his good friends, Ben and Christian.
Ben and he have the same teacher but Christian is in another class.
Lance and Ben in their Bus hats they made.


The much anticipated day has finally arrived. Lance started kindergarten today. I think that he has been talking about and thinking about this day since he was 3. I hope that it was everything he imagined. When I asked what they did this is what information I could gleam from him. They played on the playground (his favorite part), they danced, sat on carpets, learned about how an X-ray machine works, how a video camera works, learned a little math (4+2=44), and some science. (If you add green science stuff to pink science stuff then you get freezing cold green lava.) They read a book called "Alphabet letters in the park" and made bus hats they got to cut out themselves. Sounds like fun to me. While Lance was at school, Claire stuck beads up her nose, which freaked me out. It took forever to calm her down enough to plug one side of her nose and have her blow the beads out. Reese, mean while go into the Midol that I was in the process of taking, luckily I caught her mid chew and had her spit it out. Quite the morning around here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Brooke. What a day for you. Will you take him everyday?

allison said...

Abe is pretty happy for him, I love the school party. I think I might steal that idea.

Brittin Marie said...

O my goodness!!!! LANCE, run away before it sucks you into the system!! AAAAA! :0 love you cute boy

CassiLou said...

So cute! Lace is going to be a firecracker at school!