Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lance





Well today was Lance's first talk in primary. He did such a wonderful job. He spoke loudly and as clearly as his tonsils would allow ( I'll come back to that later). He spoke on this months primary theme :"Jesus Christ is my Savior." I of course composed the talk, and added in pictures for visual effect, and then he chose Dad to help him give the talk. At first I was a little disappointed he did want me to help, but as he was giving his talk I was glad that I was able to sit in the front row and watch his little face as he smiled so big and was so proud of himself. He makes my heart smile. Today while we were eating dinner he and I were telling Dad about what we learned in class. We were telling him the story of Jonah and the Whale when Lance said, "And the whale spit Jonah out of his blow hole onto his back and then he swam to shore and buried his feet in the sand." He was laughing so hard at the vision that this image had painted in his mind that he could barely breath. He is quite the story teller. When we were eating snack during sunbeams today he informed his class that he had gone to the doctor. "Well, My left tonsil is sooo big that the doctor will have to take a rocket ship and fly it into my mouth and take it out, and when he is done I get to eat ice cream for two whole weeks." I am sure that he has every kid in his class wishing that they to had tonsils that were "soo big". It is true, Lance's left tonsil as the Doctor put it is; "abnormally large for even a large tonsil like his right one." So on April 9th he gets to go in for a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Hopefully this will help him to sleep better (he snores as bad as his dad), speak better (when they are really swollen it sounds like he is speaking with a mouth full of marbles), and swallow better (he has to chew his food forever before he can swallow or he chokes). I will however miss the way that he says little "iddle", it is hard to explain you just have to hear for yourself, it is darn cute.

Lance loves school, Geo tracks and of course anything that has wheels. He enjoys watching racing with his dad and likes to ride in the "Alfa Rameo" rather than the "carsifica." He has really warmed up the the warming weather and has taken to "needing to pee outside". The other night while we were and Jacob and Embers house for Jonah's birthday we found Lance and his cousin Abe standing side by side outside in the backyard peeing. They had been playing outside with the motorized jeep and I guess that they were having so much fun that they couldn't be trouble to come inside to use the bathroom. I have caught him several time doing this and he has even walk outside to go pee rather than use the toilet inside. He is a rather good kid for the most part but the other night we did have to put soap in his mouth. (He said crap) When I took it out he informed me in a rather load and upset voice that I had gotten soap on his tongue. I had to remind him that boys who used dirty words had to have them washed clean. He is a great big brother except for when he plays a little rough with Claire. He likes to have tummy time with Reese first thing in the morning while we are still in bed talking about his dreams (always about the racetrack). We are really quite glad to have the little tike around. That is about all I have to share with you all right now except for a few pictures. The first one is of Lance in my glasses, the second is of him with his dog Harvey, the third is of him hugging (strangling) Claire, and the fourth is of his tonsils.