Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mom's Little Helpers



We have entered into a new stage in our lives. Lance and Claire have discovered the joy of cleaning. They are very helpful every time I pull out a washrag and a spray bottle. The other day I was cleaning off the fronts of the kitchen cabinets and I found it a lot quicker and a lot more fun with their help. The kitchen chairs even got washed off because we ran out of cabinets before they ran out of enthusiasm. Yesterday I had to wash a few dishes by hand and much to my surprise I soon was kicked out of the kitchen. What really happened was that I took a break from washing dishes to change the laundry and when I returned I found both of them at the sink doing the work for me. All of you more experienced mothers out there: How long until the excitement wears off. I guess I will have to enjoy it and take advantage of it while it lasts.