Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eureka Day 2.








When we awoke on Friday: Allison, Scott, Abe, Henry,Marla, and Jacob had arrived. Lance had a joyful reunion with his cousin Abe, they spent the morning together playing soccer on deck with Uncle Dane. After lunch we packed up the kids and went to a park just a few blocks away from Granny and Grandpa's house. I have never been to a redwood forest and this park had a grove of tree's that was amazing. Actually the whole town of Eureka and the area surrounding it in every direction was just beautiful. I could not get enough of the tree's and the ocean. You could literally step out of the house onto the deck and touch the tree's. While we were at the park, Claire fell in the mud. She was so upset about the mud on her jacket and pants she kept telling me "Mom, I don't need a jacket. Mom, I don't need pants." That was her way of saying take them off of me they are mudding. as I have learned with Claire, you don't argue so once we got to the car we took off the offensive clothing and let her ride back home half naked.

No comments: